Full course description
Securing resources is a critical element of strategic management for nonprofit executives. In order to carry out the organization’s mission, nonprofit leaders must have adequate resources to fund staff and programs. The work of fundraising - sharing your organization’s relevancy, inviting people to join you in your work - is an important leadership function for all nonprofit organizations. Yet, the majority of nonprofit leaders come from service providers or other backgrounds, so professional fundraising is unfamiliar to them. This certificate has been developed by a senior fundraising professional to help nonprofit leaders understand how to:
- Create and nurture a culture of philanthropy in their organizations,
- Lead the fundraising function internally with the fundraising team, finance, and managing campaigns
- Engage their boards and other constituents in this important function for the organization,
- Become comfortable, and effective, in soliciting funding
- Provide the technology and tools to operate fundraising efficiently and to have accurate reporting
The ideal candidate for this certificate is anyone with fundraising responsibility for their nonprofit organization - President/CEOs, executive directors, Chief Development Officers, Board Members who want to learn the development function.
The Certificate in Fundraising Leadership (CFL) is earned by successfully completing all online educational modules within 10 weeks from the start of the program. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours are available.